Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Second Post

I wrote a sweet comment on another blog. But I was signed in as someone else. And when I tried to give myself credit for the words, it was lost to the world.

I had wished a man long days & pleasant nights.

I had told him I hoped digital archaeologists, turning some futuristic spade, excavated his words to know we weren't all so bad here.

And then it was lost.





But you know what? We are like those who believe in Jesus because know this, we will rise again. It's been ten years since I last posted and the darkness comes just as regularly as it always did--but so does the sun, and summer, and death, and all the smiles I can ever remember having. So much has changed.

So much is the same.

So much hope remains--you know what? I will go back to that stranger's blog. I will comment once more. I will let him & the world know, anyone who cares to look, we don't have to give up.

We don't have to fade into nothingness without a fight, gentle & goodnatured as it may be. Even as erasure almost happens again, and again, and again...still we will rise. We rise. Like

Zombie.

A song you used to love as a kid. It'll come back in style. The frustrations may mount. The fight may not appear worthwhile. So smile. Eyes open, fly into a sunrise and rise, rise, rise.








(doubt there is always doubt)

No comments: